Author Topic: Mouse report rate issue  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Stormin_Normann

• GraveDiggaZ
Mouse report rate issue
« on: September 07, 2012, 05:27:23 pm »
Or so I think. I am using the "Mouse Movement Recorder" to check up on my mouse settings and it seems I have an issue. As you know gaming mice often let you set a "report rate" to your liking - high ones are 500 or 1000. Now I am checking my Logitech g9 mouse and the report rates change a lot. I have read that setting it @ 1000 is not stable, and Logitech reccomends 500 - where forums claim it is stable too.

I however still get fluctuations - just as I did @ 1000 but they top out at 500-ish rather than 1000-ish. Thing is there seem to be a logic to it - the slower I move the mouse the lower report rate the recorder report. But that should not be dynamic AFAIK. And what is the point then? you really want it when you snipe and things like that where accuracy is a must and if I just slightly move the mouse I can se values as low as 5!!!

Now, to check I swithced my g9 for my old G518 - this one has a standard report rate @ 125 (USB-default) and it can't be adjusted. I did the test again and at speed the RR topped out at 125-ish but AGAIN if I slowed down movement the RR also dropped. As these mice are quite different; optical v.s. laser - I feel I've got enough differences between them to claim that this "issue" is persistent regardless of the actual mouse.

It is my understanding that report rate should remain @ it's set speed (or very close) and not be relative to mouse movement speed.

Obviously I've disabled any form of mouse acceleration and smoothing and whatnot that fucks up mouse linearity. Anyone got anything usefull on this?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:29:56 pm by Stormin_Normann »

Offline The Dutchbird

• V.I.P.
Re: Mouse report rate issue
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 03:10:34 pm »
How can you test your mouse rate?
The Dutchbird: the only bird that cannot fly.

Offline Stormin_Normann

• GraveDiggaZ
Re: Mouse report rate issue
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:21:04 am »
How can you test your mouse rate?

By using the "Mouse Movement Recorder" as I wrote at the top of my post - *cough*rtfm*cough* ;)

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Posts: 19465
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 26
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 24
  • *Spiders: 1