Author Topic: Battlefield 3 complaints!  (Read 13614 times)

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
Battlefield 3 complaints!
« on: October 25, 2011, 01:39:41 am »
Fuck me, where to begin?

Chatbox.
How big? takes us about 40% of my screen, and its not translucent enough. Can't see fuck all when its open.
Also, doesn't seem to be a way to restore it / resize like BC2 with the tilde key.

Shitty colours.
Come on, player icons are all the same fucking colour to me (colourblind fuck that i am) and there is no colourblind options, so, fuck knows who's who. Squad and enemy icons are EXACTLY the same colour to me.
Soldiers are no different, can't see them till I'm dead. everything looks washed out and all blends into one.
It took months to get it into BC2, but nobody had the foresight to include it in BF3?

Damage
Too damn high! turns what could be a nice crafty firefight into a who can click fastest contest. Very boring indeed.

Must have 8 players in before you can move?!???!?!
What the fucking fuck? I can't go into my own server, and play, without 7 more players? whos fucking MORONIC idea was that?
How the fuck are you supposed to go learn to fly or whatever on a empty server?
Cannot even lock our server and play alone.

Keybindings
All keys are remappable, EXCEPT
Melee, map, and map zoom. The map keys being the worst, they are fucking miles away from my left hand, do they think i have some kind of spastic finger syndrome where my thumb is 4 inches long with 3 knuckles?

The frustration bit about this is they are not bugs. Its not like the code is faulty, it was actually made like this.

Not impressed at all.

Edit: Melee can be remapped it seems, except I'm not got the smarts to work it out yet :(

NEXT!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:45:08 pm by Robba »
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline jopak

Re: Battlefield 3 complaints!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:47:00 am »
I dont mind the chatbox, its not that big at my pc, i am not colorblind, so i don't have that problem... also, why don't they have colorblind options?? ALOT of modern games have it.
I don't mind keybinding too :P map is too friggin small to see anything on it.
I agree with you on damage and that stoopid 8 players...

I hope a patch will come out soon...

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:00 am »
Also, Battlog says server is full, even though I can clearly see there is space on the procon.
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 01:01:38 pm »
Reserved slots / VIP Will not work until another server patch.

Offline slick

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:38:39 pm »
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:49:59 pm by slick050 »

Offline Thévol

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 04:19:41 pm »
I pre-ordered the hard-copy DVD of BF3 on the first of July, and out of sheer curiosity I double clicked the game on my games list, it downladed and installed, now it says I purchased it on the 21st of October. WTF?
Is this it? Am I not getting the game delivered to me?
THEY CHARGED ME EXTRA FOR THE SHIPPING FOR THIS?!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:32:41 pm by TheDevo »
Achievement unlocked!

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 12:37:34 am »
Ha! ok, i removed the plz wait for 8 players shit :)

Offline Szpark

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 12:20:34 pm »
How is the server holding up Rob?
On the main forum page I see it's being used quite heavily. I have to wait till tomorrow...

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 12:28:24 pm »
How is the server holding up Rob?
On the main forum page I see it's being used quite heavily. I have to wait till tomorrow...

Its been flat-out mate.
Even after its taken offline for whatever reason, it fills when back up within 5 mins.

Offline Thévol

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 11:03:49 pm »
1. I pre-ordered the hard-copy on the 1st of July, payed for the shipping, since then I've had BF3 on my games list (which I found weird but didn't bother me).

2. On the 25th of October, out of curiosity I double clicked the game, it started downloading and installing.

3. Some Indian guy on EA live chat told me that I in fact did NOT buy the hard-copy, I knew there was no way around this,
so I cancelled my order, am waiting for the refund, and bought the DVD in a local game store.

4. I inserted the DVD, chose the language, Origin popped up, ran through the installation process, entered my Serial, and this happened:
[hs width=300 height=300]http://i.imgur.com/Mn4S9.png[/hs]
Translation: I reinstalled BF3 but because of this unique window design, the NEXT button doesn't work.

5. Because I really could not do anything to get passed the "YOU ARE ALMOST THERE trollface.jpg" screen,
I exited the installation, and tried to run it again.

6. I double clicked the DVD drive to start the AutoRun.exe, it did come up, I chose "English" for the language,
then Origin popped up, but nothing happened. (did this about 5 times)

7. Restarted my pc, to try this again.

8. [Repeat step 4]

9. When I enter the serial key, this happens:
[hs width=300 height=414]http://i.imgur.com/4XU8q.jpg[/hs]

10. At this point, I'm:
[hs width=300 height=2039]http://i.imgur.com/9qAQ6.jpg[/hs]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:18:04 pm by TheDevo »
Achievement unlocked!

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 255
  • *Latest: Dearman

• *Total Posts: 19465
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 29
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0