Author Topic: Battlefield 3 - Pre-Ordered  (Read 12325 times)

Offline Thévol

Battlefield 3 - Pre-Ordered
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:43:46 am »
Hi Diggaz,

Have you pre-ordered BF3 already? And if you have, do you know anything about this company called "Origin"?
Is it like steam? I have pre-ordered BF3 a while ago, and I've just noticed that in an e-mail I received it says something about downloading their games?! I'm afraid this means they won't actually ship it to me..
I don't see the point why they asked for my address then.. not for validation, that's for sure because I payed via PayPal..

Has anyone here ever bought anything from Origin?

Thanks in advance!
Achievement unlocked!

Offline IceWolf9362

Re: Battlefield 3 - Pre-Ordered
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:56:48 am »
Yes m8 Origin has sold a lot of cool games and you don't need to be in sorrow about that company.

The question I can't answer is about shipping or downloading the game, if I click on pre-order, I didn't ordered it by now, waiting for the details of hardware I need, I get a link to amazon to pre-order the game there, as a DVD version that get shipped.

Greetz Ice

...hope it would be a little helpful

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:58:47 am »
Quote from: "IceWolf9362"
Yes m8 Origin has sold a lot of cool games and you don't need to be in sorrow about that company.

The question I can't answer is about shipping or downloading the game, if I click on pre-order, I didn't ordered it by now, waiting for the details of hardware I need, I get a link to amazon to pre-order the game there, as a DVD version that get shipped.

Greetz Ice

If you can play BC, you can play bf3
apart from one thing, quad core seems essential.
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline Thévol

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 08:41:28 am »
Quote from: "Robsta"
Quote from: "IceWolf9362"

Greetz Ice

If you can play BC, you can play bf3
apart from one thing, quad core seems essential.

That is a relief on one part..
but I still wish I could know for sure if Origin is going to send
e the box with the DVD or just a CD key via e-mail and a download link to their own software or w/e.

@Ice:
I wasn't unsure about the reliability of the company, I just hope they didn't sell me some DownLoadableContent.
Achievement unlocked!

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 12:34:18 pm »
origin is basically ea download manager tarted up to compete with steam etc. It is a digital download provider. If you want the hard copy game go to the battlefield 3 website and order the boxed copy.

Offline Thévol

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 01:41:52 pm »
Quote from: groundpounder1
origin is basically ea download manager tarted up to compete with steam etc. It is a digital download provider. If you want the hard copy game go to the battlefield 3 website and order the boxed copy.

That is what I did, but it took me to that Origin crap.

EDIT

I bought it from here: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/pc
And as you can see, you can choose two different PC versions: PC & PC Download.
I'm sure I wouldn't have chosen "PC Download",
but if one of these two is a hard copy, then what the fuck does Origin still have to do with it?!

As I've said above, I am sure I would never deliberately choose the Downloadable option,
but in their e-mail they still say shit about downloading.
[hs width=300 height=200]http://i.imgur.com/6RMRi.jpg[/hs]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:39:23 pm by groundpounder1 »
Achievement unlocked!

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 01:53:28 pm »
On that page all it gives me is the option to pre order on origin. and origin is a download management app for digital copies. Thats all I know. If ya want hard copies I would suggest only going to retailers who deal in hard copies.

Offline Thévol

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 02:15:17 pm »
Quote from: "groundpounder1"
On that page all it gives me is the option to pre order on origin. and origin is a download management app for digital copies. Thats all I know. If ya want hard copies I would suggest only going to retailers who deal in hard copies.

But but but.. I already pre-ordered it. Dang, I guess all I can do is wait and see, huh?
Achievement unlocked!

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 02:16:17 pm »
Its not so bad mate I have loads of digital game copies. I know its nicer to have the hard copy but you'll have the game either way so all the troubles will be forgotten :D

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 08:55:44 pm »
Sold the ol warrock m134, bought the BF3 WooHoo!

Sweeeeet.
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 39
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0