Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 32430 times)

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 04:31:35 pm »
Tanks! Sweet tanks!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:54:42 pm by groundpounder1 »
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline Pliskin [UK]

• Scammer
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 09:05:53 pm »
OMG!!!  i want one now.....

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 09:12:18 pm »
those videos get better and better. Still months to go :(

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 08:09:21 pm »
some decent info on whats included for sure not just speculation (there are a few bits of spec, but not many)

Just thought I'd post it in case anyone hadn't seen it already.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... -know.html

Personally looking forward to the fire mode toggle returning from bf2 and the more unlocks/more content than bfbc2 seems promising on first view, maybe the unlocks going further up the ranking rather than running out halfway through and having a bit more incentive to keep levelling up and such.

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 03:29:38 pm »
these are extracts from the official lead multiplayer designers blog page which can be found here http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... lass.aspx##

`Bipods can be deployed anywhere by zooming in with your LMG when prone, or when standing/kneeling in front of suitable supports, such as a window sill. The stability created by deploying a Bipod gives players a massive boost in accuracy and recoil reduction. You’ll be able to unload an entire clip of 200 bullets from your LMG with great accuracy without even letting go of the trigger, all thanks to the Bipod.`

the unloading 200 bullets at near perfect accuracy slightly concerns me at first glance. Lotta room for spamming and 3 squads just sat up in the hill unloading constantly while another squad snipes behind them.

`Suppressive Fire is a new in-game mechanic that changes how you can play the game. When you lay down fire in close vicinity to an enemy, the incoming barrage will show up as a graphical blur effect on his screen to stress him and let him know it’s not safe to pop out from behind cover`

that sounds brilliant in theory but again, combined with my above observation, could be open to total abuse. Apparently being under such fire affects your accuracy as you are under duress from constant gunfire.... so you will have a constant stream of deadly accurate bullets flailing down upon you, whilst having decreased accuracy, a blurry screen and assaults steaming in to annihilate you while you are defenseless.... Oh dear again.

Lets hope I am just doom mongering about nothing :D

As an added sidenote, I'm reading everywhere I go that the at4 is in fact unguided in bf3. Though in a follow up asking if any AT rockets will be guided it was no comment. So still hope there is some other weapon to guide after planes. Maybe javelins?

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 04:37:30 pm »
Fixes all above issues.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:56:11 pm by groundpounder1 »
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline IceWolf9362

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 04:41:33 pm »
rofl

Greetz Ice

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 05:18:42 pm »
thats the sad part too.... the gustav has been confirmed as not in the game either :(

Suppose my main hope is that there is something to replace the guided at4, as well as something with ridiculous splash damage and infantry killing properties to replace the CG. Though I'm not hopeful. Seems that the people who EA/DICE appear to be taking their cues from regarding the new game are the same ones constantly on their forum complaining about gustavs on infantry, and the pilots whining about not being able to rape everyone and go 144-2 every round because everyone started using the at4. So god help us all on maps with jets AND choppers like wake island where there are like 4 choppers and 3 planes

Woe woe woe is meeeeeeee

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 05:39:32 pm »
Must be something similar surely?

What did bf2 have in regards to rockets?

Offline IceWolf9362

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 05:56:38 pm »
Yeah it is, a new kind of mines, built like a frisbee you can throw against chopper and jets, grrrrrr........................ :D

Greetz Ice

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 37
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0