Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 2959 times)

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
Planetside 2
« on: August 06, 2012, 09:28:52 am »
Anyone looked at this? I'm hearing a lot of rumblings, even from battlefield guys on youtube who are in the closed beta already, that this game is magnificent and a shoe in for game of the year when its released. MMOFPS kinda like BF, but set in the future far as I can tell, and the maps and game in general is 20/30 times bigger than the average battlefield one :O I just signed up for the beta here and a video, with more links to others.

Gotta say, I'm intrigued if nothing else by the size of the gameplay. From what I have garnered, you play on a "continent" of up to 2000 players, so one battle can theoretically consist of 800 people, and one base would be the same size as the whole of heavy metal or two caspian borders. I'm trying to get in the beta, but I reckon I'll still give it a go as an alternative to bfbc2 once in a while anyway, once its released.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:36:10 am by groundpounder1 »

Offline Stormin_Normann

• GraveDiggaZ
Re: Planetside 2
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:35:21 pm »
Haven´t looked into it yet - Was going too last night but forgot - level cap is considering it for his next "thing" on his channel so I thought I´d check it out. Super knows who lvl cap is - he´s a groupie of him :D Anyways on that subject check out lvl cap on youtube for one of the better BF3 youtubers...

However the scale seems immense - seeing how hard it is to get 32 v 32 to work on bf3 I don´t know about hundreds in Planetside but we´ll see.

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
  • Drunken cunt :)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:34:44 am »
Got my key for this today and am downloading now, anyone else gonna try this game out?

Hoping it's not going to be a bf3 clone on larger scale!

Trying to live forever, so far so good!

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:38:41 pm »
So, are there rockets?! You know I love rockets
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 05:46:40 pm »
Heavy assault has rockets. Useful for tanks and vehicles. Specially quads. Though there is a class called max where you spawn in a sweet mech suit like the end of aliens. Comes in anti tank/inf and anti air flavours. Heavy assault rockets sort them good.

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 03:51:43 pm »

skip towards the end for a nice visual scale of how big the area i was fighting in really is, and how many people are around. Plus, futuristic rockets are always sweet.

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
    • my favourite page, and description of myself
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 04:00:55 pm »
wheres ma fuckin beta key?

edit

its turned up ya rats

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 05:00:55 pm »
I was thinking, if its free to play, what's the catch? Is it pay to win?
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 05:17:45 pm »
Not thus far. I have found the credits to unlock weapons and attachments vvvveeeeery easy to get. But I too have had concerns about this. I have a niggling feeling that the only reason shit is so easy to unlock is because its in beta, so they can be tested. Will it be the same after release? Who knows, but you'd have to figure there is a catch somewhere.

Having said that, the basic weapons you start with are more than competent, I have on occasion come up against people using some insane shit that drops you instantly, but on the whole, its pretty balanced. Just have to wait and see how or if things change in the full version. It'd be a shame if they fucked up what could be a brilliant game that way. I'd sooner it have been a paid title if so.

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 31
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0