Author Topic: Bad Decision  (Read 3752 times)

Offline ezd0zit

• Newbie!
Bad Decision
« on: June 04, 2013, 03:06:44 pm »
first of all i switched to losing team where they had just 1 flag out of the 3 to play along with a friend and after 5 minutes of kicking A$$ i get kicked and message saying... "if you switch team again ill ban u". I rejoined the server and someone was asking another to join his team, so i explained to that someone that switching team may result to a kick. Then this happened.

http://prntscr.com/18894b

Offline Netherr

• GameServer Admin
  • -oldest newbie ever-
Re: Bad Decision
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:17:21 pm »
I saw it happening: player [???]Buddytime (or something like that) invited ezd0zit to change team, he refused and got kicked.
Cruel world :)

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:57:04 pm »
Hi there, and thanks for taking the time to come and vent your frustrations. Sadly however, if you'd just tried to reconnect, you would've saved yourself some typing, as the ban was lifted the instant it was put through, as it was a mistake. An apology would've been given, had you indeed just tried to rejoin, but alas that ship has sailed.

To reply to your further point, the team were not, as you claim, losing. I was watching the procon most of the afternoon, and it says a lot about your play mentality that I, as well as others, always check what your actions have been in the current game, as you are renowned, I'll underline bold italicize that for emphasis, RENOWNED  for being a pansy player, whom would rather farm kills on the winning team than actually have a decent game or help the team you are on.

All that is beside the point however. When you came back after the first kick, you again ended up on the winning team, where you did not belong. I say winning team, because you joined when they were winning, and they went on to win the round as well. A temporary loss of a flag here or there, is by no known measure a testament to the quality of a team, if they are already dominating ticket wise, and quickly recapture the advantage, so that argument is a bit whimsical.

At the end of said round, after the win, you rather promptly put a nice smug "Yay we still win :)" message, or something to that effect, after also claiming to have been kicked wrongly before that, which I perceived to be a sly dig as well that you had still prevailed regardless of being punished.

I could break out the screenshots myself really, but there were 3 admins on at the time this was all going down, and you were discussed and the information was verified by two separate sources. We have logs. Lots of logs, and not the wooden kind. We have verifications from possibly every admin we have that you are the worst person for team swapping, despite it being typed in caps in the game, as a rule, that you will be kicked if you do so. you are English, so I presume you can read it.

You have to face the facts sadly, that if you operate in a manner to get yourself a reputation, you are going to be treated accordingly. You have gotten away with a lot over the period you have been frequenting the server, but I can assure you even moreso now, that will no longer be the case. You were warned about teamstacking officially. The next time, the ban will not be removed, nor will it be erroneous. Hopefully the fact you know you are on the radar, will curb you of your disease for not wishing to fight anyone good, and we shall see no more of this matter.

Feel free to return and say what you wish, this has, and always will be, a place people can say what they like, about whom they like, without fear of petty reprisals. As far As I'm concerned however, this matter is closed. Grievances have been aired, and the world has been set to rights. There will be no victimization of you or anyone else, and you have had fair warning of the repercussions of your actions if you are found once again to be team swapping to the winning team.

I furthermore, so there is no chance of any misunderstanding in future about etiquette, refer you to This post.

All the best.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:56:17 pm by groundpounder1 »

Offline ezd0zit

• Newbie!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:55 pm »
First of all, you didn't ban me for the reason of team changing, and second of all, i had to make a screenshot of what you said, then upload it so i could post here (don't forget i had to register here first). By the time i did all that, i rejoined and the server and it had just 3 players on it so i decided to play on another server. Im guessing the server crashed or maybe you had a raging fit and restarted it, i don't know.

I'm NOT English but yes, i CAN read it perfectly. Team stacking and changing team mean totally different things. Like i said in my post, i joined the team with the least amount of flags so i could play along side a friend, i was on that team for at least 5 minutes before you decided to kick me. If you claimed to have been reading logs all afternoon like you said you were, why not kick me or move me back right away. From where i see it, you somehow got angry afterwards and used that as an excuse to kick me.

after rejoining to the team where i left off, the team ended up winning by about 20 or so tickets and my exact words were... yay we win :) because it was a close round

just before you kicked/banned me the second time....
Buddytime: join my team mate
me: you will get kicked if you switch team (replying to Buddytime's conversation)
Buddytime: i just want to play with friend
while i was typing this... well, admin kicked me for switching team to play with a friend.
but i got kicked/banned by the time i could type it and press enter

Offline Stormin_Normann

• GraveDiggaZ
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 04:52:27 pm »
Good thing this is a game and all about having fun... Would be sad if that ever changed.

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 255
  • *Latest: Dearman

• *Total Posts: 19467
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 40
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0