Author Topic: ARMA 3  (Read 6426 times)

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
  • Drunken cunt :)
ARMA 3
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:34:45 pm »
Looks pretty

Can this be all that BF3 failed to be? I hope so.

Trying to live forever, so far so good!

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
    • my favourite page, and description of myself
Re: ARMA 3
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:05:40 pm »
got the alpha will report back with my findings.........

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:19:57 pm »
About as different from the BF series as night and day tbh. I found ARMA II Very intriguing, but the learning curve is ridiculous. You basically have to unlearn everything you have ever learned about shooters, 1st or 3rd person ones. Its a simulator, you will die about eleventysix gazillion times, mostly to things or people you never even knew were there.

Its all about patience, tactics, map reading coordination and cover. The AI in this series are all crack shots, soon as they are aware of your presence you are dead, and 2 bullets are usually enough to put you down or kill you, one if you get sniped. No time to react or do anything. If you want anything mainstream, look elsewhere as this series is hardcore with a capital H. Unforgiving but rewarding, if you have the time and patience to get to grips with it and its overwhelming amount of control buttons.

Alternatively, rock the Dayz mod and the standalone when it comes out, but thats the same effectively. Just with zombies.

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
  • Drunken cunt :)
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 09:07:56 am »
Alpha hilarity

Trying to live forever, so far so good!

Offline Stormin_Normann

• GraveDiggaZ
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 02:27:55 pm »
Got A3 Alpha too and it is looking seriously promising. I don't agree that you have to "unlearn everyting" - just remember that it is a war-sim not an arkade game and you are getting there - no bunnyhopping from bullets :D. Some things are easier in many ways - sniping is fun as zeroing actually WORKS (unless you fuck with the FOV settings as it messes up manual rangefinding) both the russian stadiametric rangefinding and the U.S. / Nato mil-dot system works, and on top of that you got rangefinders. No quickscope at 1000 meters for you :D. Biggest challenge for Arma is to get rid of the "clunkyness" for animations that was a problem in A2 - that bit is greatly improved - and sorting physics. They now have a proper physics engine and it is looking promising indeed. Helicopters are still a bit too arcady when it comes to handling but we will see what happens.

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 17
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0