Author Topic: Vehicle vs Infantry job ?  (Read 8763 times)

Offline SpecForce

• Newbie!
Vehicle vs Infantry job ?
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:26:45 pm »
Why do you prefer using a vehicle ? Why do you prefer staying on foot ?

I personally prefer vehicle because allow me to see much better than being on foot. This is done by making sure to look behind, a great advantage to get awareness about what happens around you !

Added to this, using a tank along with smoke helps me stay anonymous which is another important thing I consider.

Nevertheless, I still like to play as infantry (mainly assault and sometimes medic or recon) in Arica Harbor servers

Offline Alex_Rembrandt

• Newbie!
Re: Vehicle vs Infantry job ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:54:23 pm »
I prefer neither. Depends on what work needs to be done to win and what is available at the time. Note that this is only valid if I'm actually trying to win the game, rather than muck about with ClassyJack:

When holding B
Infantry: AT4 helicopters/tanks and G3 infantry.
UAV: One-shot tanks long before they get to B.

When not holding B
Infantry: AT4 helicopters/tanks and G3 infantry, cap flag.
Blackhawk/Hind: Capture flag furthest from base to spread out the enemy, allowing rest of team to cap B, then die. Alternative is dropping capable people off on vads-hill.
Apache: Distract enemy long enough at B for team to cap that very same flag, then die.
Tank: Barge into B and shoot some folk, bail out, shoot some folk, cap flag.

Car is for car stuff.

***Heavy Metal obviously
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:56:21 pm by Alex_Rembrandt, Reason: only play on GDZ server »

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
    • my favourite page, and description of myself
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:42:01 pm »
I prefer staying on foot,I'm not good with vehicles and I don't wish to use them much.........I enjoy walking around helping team mates and moaning about pussies.

I fly the big helis to raid flags and now and again take gunner spot but I find it very boring.

Offline The Dutchbird

• V.I.P.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:23:51 pm »
As I am a bird, you sould think I like to fly... But a Duchbird (thats's my gamename) is one of the rare bird that cannot fly.
Therfore I like to go on foot and by tank or car. However my old mom told me to learn to fly as a real bird, so I do not quit trying.
The Dutchbird: the only bird that cannot fly.

Offline Bormanishko

• GameServer Admin
  • pew pew
    • Vkontakte
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:41:32 am »
I like Apache flying, tank driving, but as infantry im not really good :) But im trying to fix this :D

Rogues do it from behind

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
  • Drunken cunt :)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 06:00:33 pm »
Used to do tanking and some heli stuff til I played on GDZ server. Gropo the homo shot me so many fuckin times with the AT4 I said "bollocks to it, I'm gonna learn to use that" and since then I pretty much stay on foot hunting tanks, cav's and heli's.
AT4 so addictive >:(

Trying to live forever, so far so good!

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 08:18:43 pm »
Only ever played on foot. Not that I have anything against vehicles, I'd love to use them effctively, but flying a chopper is suicide beyond the Blackhawks to farthest base, cuz everyone and their dog can use at4 on our server. Same with tanks. 2 people who are moderately skilled playing engine, and tanks are fairly useless. unless you wish to sit on a hill hiding and shelling distant targets, and I can't think of anything more boring.

Offline ClassyJack

• Hipster Rockstar
  • Junior Admin
  • Indubitably
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 07:00:14 am »
I agree with Gropo that especially on our server, choppers have a very brief lifespan, I usually never bother with flying one myself.
The usefulness of tanks is very situational. If the enemy is holding B and you charge in with your one little lonesome tank, it will be reduced to a smoking heap in about 3 seconds because everybody and their grandmother tries to rocket it. In these cases I prefer to stay on foot. If your team is actively pushing and the tanks on your team are more or less all moving forward together it's a whole different story and that's when the tanks really shine. In those cases I do like to use a tank, it's a very powerful tool when adequately supported. Also love to use them to kill choppers.
But again I agree with gropo on the people who turn the game into an artillery simulator, sitting miles away lobbing shells into the distance...zzzzzzzzzz

As for the car/cavj, nothing like slapping some C4 on the front and ramming it straight into an enemy tank. ALLAHU AHCKBAR!
Hmm, yes, quite

Offline Bormanishko

• GameServer Admin
  • pew pew
    • Vkontakte
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 07:32:33 am »
My chopper live much longer, when other taem got no at4 masters like n8t or Alex :D
So when I see they come? Im better use some tank or at4
Also last time Im never take smoke, only damage. It makes killing tanks and other vehicles much easier.
And yes, I love to hit choppers by tank
Tank camping FTW  :)
Rogues do it from behind

Offline Alex_Rembrandt

• Newbie!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 12:36:43 pm »
Anti AT-4 tip for when flying heli: when you sense an at4 is incoming, try holding S. It is very difficult to hit a descending helicopter: the only way to make the missile go lower is to aim below the helicopter, meaning the cursor will probably be aiming at the ground. This causes the missile to go straight down. When flying against n8t the hit ratio goes down from about 8/10 to 1/10.

Note that this is situational: it will not work that well at very short range and at very high or low altitudes. There is the obvious disadvantage of losing altitude but I think not dying straight away trumps that.

And yes I'm on windows XP!  8)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:53:01 pm by Alex_Rembrandt, Reason: XP master race »

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 27
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0