Author Topic: Emulator Nexus BFBC2  (Read 16129 times)

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
Re: Emulator Nexus BFBC2
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:34:02 pm »
Rrrroger. well obivously im in no position for diagnostics right now, but soon as im up and running i'll hit it hard again and see what i can manage. I may set up the other pc and run a dedicated rig to the nexus server if you reckon it'd be worth the effort and trial. See what happens.

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 10:44:51 pm »
Yep, no rush, you know the score.
Getting a accurate estimation of size will be needed to decide how to set it up, and what it'll cost.

Assuming worst case, and nexus stays online, we could run a 32 player for a year for about 50 quid if there is enough interest to warrant sorting it out properly.

Bit cheaper than the 400 or so Euros for 12 months we currently pay.
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 09:18:42 pm »
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
  • Drunken cunt :)
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 07:08:46 pm »
Interesting and downloadable map pack for bc2 :), the boys at Mordor hq have been busy.

Trying to live forever, so far so good!

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 08:09:19 pm »
Map ceiling still looks a little low, but good stuff all the same...

Question is...... Do we run one?

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
    • my favourite page, and description of myself
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 08:27:37 pm »
yes

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 09:34:08 pm »
me and Rob both had mess about servers running, and we were seriously looking into this kinda thing, moving flag placement, more vehicles etc. It was kinda cut short, as the guy running the project threw his toys out the pram and closed it for a while. But I'd definitely be up for messing about with it again at some point.

I don't think, with some investigation, it'll be too hard to implement such edits on a server of our own if the opportunity arose.

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
    • my favourite page, and description of myself
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 01:29:37 pm »
yes

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 05:10:48 pm »
It would be nice to get some input from others on this, if to do it or not.
as It would mean early closure of the ranked BC2 server due to having to pay to improve our server instance to handle the increase in resource usage.

It would still work out to about half to two thirds of what we are paying out now though for a ranked server.

so try and grab some feedback, see if any of the regulars would come over and join the private server?

Offline Byrd

• GameServer Admin
  • Newbie!
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 04:22:09 pm »
not in the mood yet to really start working, so was thinking about this a bit. What are the general ideas for this new server? So contestant number 1, how do you think about the following questions?
- dedicated to one map?
- start out in one modified map, heavy metal for instance (no boundaries, other tweaks? which?) and add other maps?
- same maps different boundaries, the big castle in atacama desert for instance? Think this is something that will attract players. As it is a "new map"...
- how to get people to find the server? some sort of event day? knife parties? buggy (kill)races on the huge new maps?

About getting more opinions from people, how about a poll on this site, maybe for every visitor, so they dont need to have an account? (Everyone/members/both?)
Spam the gamechat with the poll and adress? Spam on friendly admin servers?
Prepare a promotional video from our top actors doing eachother well beyond the boundaries, somehow that sounds weird ... But anyhow, that video could be in the new pollpage.

Editing the maps seems like it needs some time to do. Even tweaks take time to do/find out. Do you want to make some money out of it, for keeping the server alife longer? Is anyone still reading this?  ;)

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 27
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0