Author Topic: Ping Problems  (Read 9745 times)

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
    • my favourite page, and description of myself
Re: Ping Problems
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 03:04:43 pm »
Well I spoke to someone today who could communicate in English (they were Scottish so sort of) they said there was something wrong with my line and they are coming out to fix it on Tuesday.

Why couldn't the other tech geek tell me this the other day?

Oh and he looked at the traffic management setting s for me and I was not considered a heavy user so nothing was fiddling with my ping there.

Roll on Tuesday so I can takeover as king of BFBC2

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 03:20:47 pm »
Your problems about to be solved are they. Good, then you have no excuse when I poach your kills and shoot you straight in the face ;D

Offline ClassyJack

• Hipster Rockstar
  • Junior Admin
  • Indubitably
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 03:58:22 pm »
Hope it gets sorted for ya soon akai, always good to have you around
Hmm, yes, quite

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 12:35:50 pm »
They have been to fix it today and it is no better in fact on Monday the day before they even came the internet was having problems all day.

The engineer says there are no problems on the equipment now at all.

Here is a screenshot of ping test today  ???

The internet as working fine last night but as per usual I couldn't play BFBC2 due to my crazy ping spikes but I could play counter strike fine with no trouble at all.

Here's my ping on CS:S 

My ping never changed from between 16-22

So to sum it up there is nothing wrong with my internet according to the engineer I asked about the traffic management and he said it's possible they could be lying about shaping mine.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:42:31 pm by AkaiMPC »

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 12:55:25 pm »
Had a brain wave that it could be my cordless phone also messing with my sensitive router as they both run on 2.4ghz bandwidth.

Looking into going on the 5 ghz range if I can find a cheap dongle.

This could be it??

Here's a ping test after I moved my phone to the other side of the room away from the router.

What you reckon guys?

EDIT     Did some more tests and its still fucked if not worse on the actual game

Engineer also said virgin are upgrading everyone at the moment so that could be another problem
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:23:39 pm by AkaiMPC »

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 01:58:02 pm »
Trying to see if you have same router as my mate, he had nothing but problems with his wireless, and virgin sent him a guide on how to disable loads of features on it that was fucking it up. they are aware of it being a useless router, with crappy firmware. might be same kinda problem

Off the top of his head, he says to

1 switch off auto channel- just pick one to use always, i picked channel 3!
2 theres a max speed setting - set to 140 mbs and it will be stable!!(as standard its 450 but nothing can use it)

try it, see what happens
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 02:18:54 pm »
Trying to see if you have same router as my mate, he had nothing but problems with his wireless, and virgin sent him a guide on how to disable loads of features on it that was fucking it up. they are aware of it being a useless router, with crappy firmware. might be same kinda problem

Off the top of his head, he says to

1 switch off auto channel- just pick one to use always, i picked channel 3!
2 theres a max speed setting - set to 140 mbs and it will be stable!!(as standard its 450 but nothing can use it)

try it, see what happens

Yep I changed the channel the other day as I noticed that everyone on my street was using 6 and 11 and I also changed that setting to 140mbs for extra stability.

I think all these upgrades in the area ain't helping too so I will see how it goes in the next few days.

But I went on the server and my ping was jumping from 10 to 999 which I never had the other day.

Also looking at possibly switching to the 5 ghz band but dongles for it are 30 notes fuck that.

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 04:58:58 pm »
N dongle sfor 1.99 on ebay, just takes 4 weeks for it to turn up! ;D
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 05:05:28 pm »
Fuck that shit!!!! That isn't the problem I can connect to my router fine all of that is spot on signal wise and everything.

here is my latest ping test 

but I just went on the gdz server and had a ping of between 600 and 999 and I'm now getting the same on counter strike

thought it was just this game and its ports but not sure now

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 05:08:20 pm »
Tellin ya, I bet a million you being shaped.

need to grab a VPN to test.

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 21
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0