Author Topic: Havoc stats padding  (Read 7796 times)

Offline CaptnUgly

• Ding Dong
Havoc stats padding
« on: February 13, 2012, 08:03:25 pm »
Hey GDZ´s I really wonder why some of you just camp with the HAVOC Heli over their own base and make points all the time? Just shoot blind into B and repair all the time without flying into the game. I talked to them in Teamspeak but they didn´t change. If the game is only for points and K/D it doesn´t make sense to play for all the others.

Offline Dutchred72

• GraveDiggaZ
Re: Havoc stats padding
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:43:24 pm »
AT4 em or tag and RPG the fuck outta them, not that hard

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:46:04 pm »
I'm sure you mean the Hind, in either case I find that as annoying as the next man, but people do it and its a legitimate tactic. If you start trying to dictate playstyle to people beyond keeping the game fair and balanced as we do, then the server would have nowhere near the popularity or the player base it has. I can't say as I've personally seen many people do it, out of the 50 thousand or so individual players we have had through the server, let alone any GDZ camping in the uncap.

This tactic is usually employed hovering between A and B or near A. Either way from that distance it is an annoyance at best, but it is covering fire to enable their own team to push forward and attack. What is wrong with that? I'm not condoning it, or saying its a tactic I would personally use, but I am also not about to start throwing my weight around and telling people they cannot do it because I feel it is wrong. This is no different from camping tanks or snipers or any other myriad of issues people feel aggrieved at, although in this case I feel that particular tactic is more useful than a camping tank or sniper. Valid arguments one and all, but not something you can really do anything about without alienating a lot of our regulars.

I appreciate your right to bringup any issue you like in this forum, we actively encourage people to speak up about anything, but in this case I feel its kind of a moot point as its not really something I, or I imagine anyone else, would want to do anything about.

As an aside, wording it as you have, plus the title of the thread, probably isn't the best way to go about airing your opinions and having a positive reaction. But thanks for taking the time to post regardless.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:52:43 pm by groundpounder1 »

Offline IceWolf9362

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 10:39:30 pm »
Hello Cptn.Ugly,

I am happya that you took the time to write it here into the forum.
Let me tell you this, I am sure I explained it to you in the chat by playing a couple days ago and today in TS.
The Hind isn't a chopper like the Havoc or the Apache, it is to use in a different way. It is more to support the team from a longer distance, that why the gunner is able to use the Zoom option. It is not easy to fly it over the battlefield because it to move take more time and needs more space to move.

What you say about out of the uncap, you should know I am one of the players who don't like it, when vehicles shoot out of the uncap and I tell it to the players and ask for more fairness. But the Hind should do it sometimes to defend or fight back Base A, because the pilot needs a view to the attacked aera to see if he has to move the bird, because it is attacked by AT4 or Tank or RPG.

Today as you told us to move out of the uncap as we attacked Postion B and between B and A, I checked it three times and I answered you, that we aren't in the uncap, we was in front of it.

And I try to make it sure, when I am in the Hind as gunner or pilot to attack from the outside of the uncap, because I don't like it by myself when vehicle hide and attack out of the secured aera.

For myself I find tactics to get the hind down, when I am at the US team and the hind plays against me and the pilot uses this tactic. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but it is easier to get the Hind down, than destroy a tank who is firing out of the uncap and driving back when it is under attack.

So don't worry to much about it, talk, like you do, to the pilots if you think they are in the uncap and accept, please, when they tell you they don't.

Greetz Ice

Offline Rebz01

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 05:24:29 am »
I really don't fly that much when i play now (it got boring) and i fly the hind even less, as already stated there is and will be no rule that people cant camp in any way or vehicle they choose.

I agree its a cheap tactic if they are in the uncap, but its not something we can do anything about.

feel free to call them cheap or fairies, because that is all we as admins can do to.

thanks for the post, feedback, ideas and such are welcome and encouraged here :)

Offline ClassyJack

• Hipster Rockstar
  • Junior Admin
  • Indubitably
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 10:36:13 pm »
I myself found two rather successful ways to take down those annoying hind snipers (campers)
The thing you have to keep in mind is that the gunner is often very focused on distant targets and zoomed in, and the pilot usually alternates between pure boredom and sometimes dodging an AT4. If they're hovering close to the uncap attacking B he's probably looking at B too.

Tactic one: Get an apache, you don't need a gunner unless he knows when to fire and more importantly when NOT to fire.
Most people don't know this and have the attention span of cocker spaniels on meth, speed and a sugar rush and will fire wildly at anything that moves betraying your position - You're actually better off without a gunner.
Stay low, fast and out of sight as much as possible, don't attract attention to yourself. Stick to either the utmost right or left side of the map.
The goal is to sneak up on the Hind, stay well away from it until you can attack it either from behind or the side. As long as you're out of the pilot's view. Fly up to the side or the rear of the hind. Let them have it with a full spread of rockets when you're so close even a down syndromed dog or even someone like me couldn't possibly miss. Do it right and you'll be rewarded with a very juicy multi-kill or at least a double kill at worst. By hitting the hind with this much force they won't be able to bail out.
Icewolf knows what I'm talking about  :D
Note: Some luck is required, you have to remain unspotted or it won't work. Give it a few tries but not too often or they'll catch on.

Tactic two: Load up on AT4's and try to sneak up on the A treeline, if you can make it there without killing any snipers or players on your way there you're golden. I've walked right past snipers who had no idea I was there by sticking all the way to the right side coming from B. Why not kill them? They'll know you're there and will hunt you down when they respawn and they might tell their buddies, stealth is key. Now you should be in the utmost right side treeline between A treeline and the Russian Uncap. Get under and behind the Hind, or right to the side, as close as you can. The pilot won't see your AT4 coming. Boom.
Then shoot em with your gun as the sissies parachute out.
Note: Again you need some luck getting passed A treeline undetected, but is possible as long as you can control your urge to shoot enemies. If they haven't seen you, let em be. You have some hind camping sissies to kill remember?

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:38:32 pm by ClassyJack »
Hmm, yes, quite

Offline Alex_Rembrandt

• Newbie!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 10:41:33 pm »
    This tactic limits my ability to AT4 the T90's and Havocs coming to B. It also means I cannot hang out on the hill next to the vads. A lot of ammo/time/attention is wasted on it if it is being repaired. As such, it does more than collect points.

Weaknesses:
  • Tunnel vision of gunner
  • Sluggishness
  • Often stationary
Counters used repetitively:
  • Long range AT4's - White dot on target at last second only
  • Short range AT4's - Sneaking up the hill on the right or A-treeline
  • Apache - Sneaking up on the side before opening fire, a single salvo can do the job
  • Ignoring it - If there is little pressure on B, just hide behind cover, effectively removing 2 or 3 enemies from the fight
  • Bumping into it with UAV - Can make it crash or even explode
Other options:
  • UAV-C4 - Get on teamspeak, two man job but you usually are ;d)
  • 2 darts in rapid succession to negate vsmoke - Get on teamspeak, two man job (but you usually are ;d)

Also, Jack is a prick for posting basically the same thing minutes before me. But without fancy lists![/list]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:14:40 pm by Alex_Rembrandt »

Offline ClassyJack

• Hipster Rockstar
  • Junior Admin
  • Indubitably
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 10:46:28 pm »
I have to add something to Alex's post.

He forgot to mention that the UAV-C4 combo is not only effective, it is also incredibly awesome and super hilarious.
Nothing says "go away" like a few sticks of C4 tied to a UAV.

Alternatively you can get alt fire as your vehicle perk, sneak up on the hind with your UAV, get *really* close and use the machine gun to kill the pilot by shooting him right through the cockpit window.
Again Icewolf knows what I'm talking about  ;D
Hmm, yes, quite

Offline IceWolf9362

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 12:00:31 am »
Yes I know what you mean, you little sneaky indian :D

That's what I always like to say, go on and find tactics to change the situation and make it to a profit for you and your team, it's works best in teamwork.

Offline IceWolf9362

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 12:06:34 am »
Today CaptnUgly flew with me and I guess he knows now, maybe today just as gunner, how difficult it is to kill enemies with the hind and how difficult it is to handle it. I guess he knows now what a bad view you have onto the ground out of the cockpit and why it is nessecary to fly in special situations at a special position with the hind.

I enjoyed his interest and his gunning, we had a lot of fun and I hope he enjoyed it too, next I hope he wants to fly himself the hind, then he will see how the pilot has to sweat by flying and watching in this high concentrating position as pilot.

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 27
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0