Author Topic: ARMA II  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
ARMA II
« on: June 05, 2011, 06:09:59 pm »
Looks really good, might want to try it too one day...
Full scale military warfare, with everything!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:11:43 pm by groundpounder1 »
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
Re: ARMA II
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 06:29:26 pm »
That looks great. Its from 2008? Dunno how that one passed me by. I'll have a look for that I think.

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 06:31:45 pm »
i Shoulda included a link
http://www.arma2.com/home_en.html

Its an ongoing game, plenty of updates to keep with modern wars and themes.
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 06:35:44 pm »
iiiiinteresting.

ARMA III next year too. That could prove to be pretty mind blowing judging by II

Offline Stormin_Normann

• GraveDiggaZ
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 09:12:34 pm »
Have thought of it my self several times but it's really hardcore warsim style. So if GP thinks damage is too real in BF3... Anyways cheap buy these days.

U know u are bored when u post in a subject where the server warns you about it being more than 120 days since last post...

Offline slick

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 09:16:39 pm »
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:25:07 pm by slick050 »

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 02:57:40 pm »
just bought this and the expansion, apparently everyone is going bananas over the DayZ mod thats been created for it, 225sq/km of landscape, infested with zombies and other players for you to explore. Survive, find water food bullets guns backpacks, the usual stuff, find vehicle parts/vehicles fix em up and ride em around, become a bandit and kill other survivors for their goods, or be a good guy and team up with others.

Watched a few vids, although its still alpha and pretty buggy, it seems pretty fucking sweet, just for the scale of it and the multi player aspect. I'll report on progress as I get into it and start murdering every fucker stupid enough to trust me.

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 08:48:50 pm »
Ok, thus far the core game without the mod is good, but I'm fairly certain you need to be the progeny of a 6th generation mother/sister unioned redneck family, and have 65 fingers on each hand to play it to its full potential, as literally every key has some sort of function assigned to it, most of them you have to tap twice to access other things as well.

So the logistics are fairly hard to grasp initially, but the game is very enjoyable thus far. I'll have a stab at the mod later, but I'm holding off till I can function better, I fear I won't last long against real opposition right now.

Offline Stormin_Normann

• GraveDiggaZ
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 02:01:41 am »
Ye - got the free version, don't like the "feel" when u run - it shakes so bad it's silly - not realistic at all.

EDIT: By your description it sort of sound like they've made something similar to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -games. But on a larger scale. You might wanna try out the single player version of those games. Engine isn't the best but it fully utilizes dx10-11 with lightning and what not - shitloads of weapons that can be upgraded etc.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:20:51 pm by Stormin_Normann »

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 26
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0