Author Topic: Server character locations  (Read 3441 times)

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
Server character locations
« on: January 03, 2014, 12:23:56 am »
Airstrip PVP Dayz server offical 113925

I'll probably be using this server a fair bit from now on, its a proper PVP server, so just treat everyone as hostile, no getting surprised or people betraying you pretending to be friendly. just smash people other than us.

I'll add more servers I come to frequent as I find them.

As of this message timestamp, me and Akai are both in this server, at kamyshovo looting.

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
Re: Server character locations
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 06:52:00 pm »
Is it a 1st person only server? everyone is using 3rd person view to look through walls and such, making it not very fair at all.
I recommend 1st person view servers only. 3rd person kinda takes the fun out of it, as you are not seeing as 'you' would.

Information, 113925 is the server version, ID's are like UK 5-15   NL 1-546 and so-on

Also, teamspeak!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:10:12 pm by Robba »
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:20:45 pm »
Candy gram for mungo, candy gram for mungo.

Yeah I know that's the version, but I assumed it was like the mod, at least for a short while after update, and multiple versions running on different servers at once, hence me adding it, as there was no other info really but the name.

As for 1st person, I don't like it. Feels clunky and limited, and it's a but buggy trying to navigate doors and rooms etc.

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:03:21 am »
Wall bug'rz

thats why I like 1st only
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 03:37:06 am »
yup. plenty bugs. but seeing as the aim of the game is to enter houses, and collect stuff and gear up, and 1st person makes it mind bogglingly hard and tedious, as you spend 5 minutes getting through one door, I prefer 3rd person. The reason it was left in according to the dev, is that the view it gives (other than the obvious over walls and through walls) is closer to the 180 degree view of real life, whereas 1st person you can see a narrow wedge in front of ya.

Its not like its an exploit, being as everyone can do the same thing. I would love to use just 1st person, but between that and 3rd person, 1st is well more buggy overall.

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 02:12:52 pm »
me and Akai are currently online.

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 03:44:03 pm »
I'm not sure how you can say it isn't an exploit when it clearly is. Just because everyone can do it, doesn't make it ok.  You could say the same about downloading cheats, everyone can get one, so it is fair if they do?

If you faff getting through doors, walk through em, like normal people would in real life. you don't go running flat out in your house making dinner do you? I'm surprised at your attitude considering your opinion of cheaters, and your opinion of other bugs in the game that everyone is able to do such as cloning player to dupe gear, and server hop to loot. Iirc, you said its a bit sad, and not really the point of the game. but its ok to look through walls?

3pp is open to bug abuse, some will use it, those with a better ethos won't. why put up with those who do cheat?
Food for thought I guess.

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 04:47:20 pm »
Its a bit of a stretch to compare something that is an alpha problem to cheating, is it not? I realise it was for emphasis of a point, but still.

using your logic, normal mode in BFBC2 is an exploit then? surely if you don't have a mini map in hardcore, and cant spot people, then being able to do so in certain servers is wrong, right? There are 1st person only servers, and servers that are 3rd person, so its a comparable situation.

If I wanted a real life sim where I had to creep everywhere at normal pace, I'd probably just stay in real life. The balance between realism and arcade has always been a fine one, and I think limiting yourself to what you would see in real life for realism, in a game where you are killing zombies, is a bit mental.

yes the game is not perfect, and yes there are ways to exploit the current mechanics as the game stands. But on no level is is comparable to cheating. to cheat, the definition of thus, is to knowingly partake in acts outside what the game parameters allow. With a glitch like the one we are discussing, its not a case of trying to get one up on people, or getting a head start on others. Its something that is there, for everyone. You don't need to go download something, you don't need to have the mindset of wanting to one up people, It's in the game. The dev's know its in the game. Every player on there knows its there. So it is a level playing field. People who "cheat" in the vintage sense of the word, are a whole different thing. There are 1st person only servers for that very reason. To prevent it. If the dev's were bothered about it, or anyone else, they would remove it totally.

The game is far too clunky in first person only mode, and the field of view is atrocious. Beyond that, I have no problem with it really, but I enjoy 3rd person mode, the game feels much better. Just because there are certain actions that make it unpalatable, isn't going to make me forgo it. Like you said, I don't use the things I know you can do, and I don't care if others do, as I know its there, so I know what the limits of it are and what people can do, so I'm always aware of it and consider it in my actions of a fight. So their advantage is more or less gone anyway, just through knowledge.

There are many glitches and things in other games that I despise, but I play the game still, because in the grand scheme of things, they are minor.. As is this. I spent all my time in the woods or running from place to place, and even when I do encounter people, I don't use the 3rd person to my advantage. I play it as if it wasn't, but just with better mechanics.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:49:44 pm by groundpounder1 »

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 05:59:48 pm »
Your argument is a little invalid, and you're kind of missing my point.
BC2 was designed to be like it is, they are options depending on how you wish to play. It is not comparable, as you cannot gain any advantage over anyone by using these methods. you don't have a mini map? that's ok, nor does anyone else. As far as I know, there are no BC2 bugs that allow you to glitch a minimap back up, or enable 3d spotting for yourself and so-on, as this would obviously be unfair.

Playing in 3pp servers in DayZ allows people to abuse game mechanics to gain an advantage. Being able to look through walls is clearly not part of DayZ, or most other games for that matter. To do it, you have to know how. it's not just 'there' (or not) like a minimap, or 3d spotting.
Gaining an advantage over other players by abusing game mechanics is cheating.
It'll soon be a dull game if everyone knew were everyone else was at any given time.

From you the other day,
"tried to hold me and akai up, i told him to fuck off and jumped off the roof, survived and ran off, his mate couldnt shoot for shit. then they found me again instantly after killing akai, even though there was no way they knew where i went"

3pp bug using will allow this. all they have to do is press up to the house they thought you went to and look through it.

By playing in servers that allow 3rd person view, you are at a huge disadvantage unless you adopt the same attitude & cheat to even up the odds.

Each to their own I guess, though I prefer a level playing field myself and will be sticking to 1pp only servers, you know, as in the perspective that most of us have used playing games for years, and are used to :)

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 06:18:00 pm »
that was kinda my point, missing the point, exaggerating beyond all reason, the way your point comparing it to cheaters was :P

But I digress. As for those cunts who found me, they WERE cheating. I think one or both of them were server admins, and thy get a handy little console, bit similar to the procon, only its a live map updated every couple o seconds, telling them exactly where everyone on the map is at any given time. There was no way on earth they found me legitimately, 3d person or not. I ran in a random direction, weaved about, all over the place, and hid in an upstairs flat miles away. They killed akai and didnt even check anywhere else, just came straight into the  place i was.

I guess I just don't see the correlation between your points regarding this subject. but noone ever said opinions had to converge all the time. I don't think its a question of ethics at all, my views on anything haven't changed, I just don't see it as a huge deal, as its the same for everyone, you don't have to do anything special to get the same experience as everyone else, its just there, by default, and that makes all the difference in such matters.

I'll be using those servers until the game is rather more stable and accessible in first person overall. It just isn't fun for me, trying to navigate the world while fighting the input system. Like i said, there are many flaws with many games, but it doesn't sully my enjoyment of them. people like to use cheats, and I don't, but it doesnt mean I refuse to play any game anyone cheats in, and thats a far bigger issue than the fact you can see more in 3rd person than you could using eyes in a virtual head only.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:22:34 pm by groundpounder1 »

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 06:39:02 pm »
Every game comes with cheats, that is a unfortunate side effect to online games.
But when the game provides the ability to cheat to those in the know, it makes sense to avoid that situation, does it not?

As far as rcons go, there is ability to lock rooms and kick players when in game. There are no working consoles for SA that I can find, only the mod.
Feel free to provide evidence to the contrary.

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 06:45:02 pm »
Also, cheating. Wiki def,

Cheating refers to an immoral way of achieving a goal. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means.

Download it, or just abuse what there is already. its still the same thing.

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 09:27:54 pm »
we will have to agree to disagree over it really, as I don't see it as anything approaching what you are claiming, and there is definitely nothing wrong with my moral compass.

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
    • my favourite page, and description of myself
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 10:03:47 pm »
pair of cunts

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 10:08:33 pm »
fuck your cunt, cunt

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
  • Drunken cunt :)
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 10:37:45 pm »
1st person lags like fuck for me, unplayable even.

Trying to live forever, so far so good!

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 02:08:35 am »
http://i.imgur.com/Zx6WBzs.jpg?1

seconds after this image, some rotting bitch attacked him from behind, and ate the back of his head. true story.

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 09:45:58 am »
I had my first experience of the 3rd person bug last night. I'd never realised it was so defective tbh. I was looting some garages outside in zelenogorsk, akai was in the houses round the back, and he said he could see me. He told me exactly where he was, and that he could see me through the wall. I was looking for him and couldnt see him at all. I guess thats open to some serious abuse overall. I hadn't realised that it was so abuseable, so I guess I was arguing from a point of ignorance.

Its not gonna stop me playing 3rd person however. I'm not terribly worried about dying in the game, even to losers who would abuse that sort of mechanic, compared to the clunky manner of 1st person right now. But it's definitely given me food for thought how I approach things in a city, as opposed to out in the woods.

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
    • my favourite page, and description of myself
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 02:07:31 pm »
What had happened though was I had fallen into a room that didn't exist so technically if the game was fixed in all the right places it wouldn't of happened and I wouldn't of been able to see anyone as I would of been in a playable area of the map,it was a nightmare to get back into the real map I ended up  jumping across into another void a couple of times and was panicking because I thought I was stuck but this is alpha so glitches are expected.

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 11:36:33 pm »
You don't have to be in a wall a do it. just next to one, and lean in.

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 11:09:18 am »
Currently playing on CCG epoch panthera server

I have learned to never go near the weapon cache missions. The server had only just restarted, and it appeared right near me, i went there and there were already at least 3 guys in the area, killed 2 and the third one sniped me.

Brutal maaaan.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:38:40 pm by groundpounder1 »

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 249
  • *Latest: Eckman

• *Total Posts: 19459
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 20
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0