Author Topic: Emulator Nexus BFBC2  (Read 17877 times)

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
Emulator Nexus BFBC2
« on: November 08, 2012, 12:09:24 am »
As some of you may be aware, the server files for BFBC2 have been available for quite some time now. Now however, there is a full scale project going on to make the game free to run and play  on your own server, or other peoples servers. Gratis. Lately me and Robba have been messing about getting a server up and running on here, just to test it and mess about. Granted, it is nowhere near the official server standard, and is not a patch on the actual real server we have running, but it is fun none the less.

Mostly we are messing about putting in ridiculous commands, like removing the out of bounds areas, making the maps as big as they were intended to be, before DICE went meddling. This is just the tip of the iceberg however, as things like infinite ammo etc etc are available too. If anyone would like to come have a mess about and explore the maps, its fairly simple and none threatening to your official game to do so.

Firstly, you must make an account on the nexus forum here it is best if the username you use, matches the username of your soldier in game, its just less complicated, and there are some issues with different names for a small portion of people connecting. Confirm your email and all that good stuff.

Second, you d/l one small file from here all you have to do is place this in your bfbc2 game folder, where the BFBC2.exe file resides. Then, instead of connecting to EA servers, you connect to Nexus ones instead. Dead easy. (Should you wish to return to the official servers, all you need do is delete, move, or rename this file in the folder, and you will be back on EA servers)

After this, load up the game as usual, (make sure auto login is unchecked before you try this) and on the login screen you should see it say on the login box nexus, not ea. use your forum name and login password as the details. Next, create a new soldier, name same as your login preferably, and you search servers. All the ones in the list are unofficial ones. Ours keeps changing name right now, but up to the minute, its called ||UK||mixed map/no bound/inf.ammo. connect and you're in. every map is borderless, can explore to your hearts content, and inf ammo on all weapons (especially funny on tanks and the uav hellfires). We will post vids of the stuff in there for those who wanna see it etc.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:01:05 pm by groundpounder1, Reason: Updated .dll link »

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
Re: Emulator Nexus BFBC2
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:22:02 am »
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 03:03:18 am »
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:40:36 am »

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:49:04 am »
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:51:29 am by groundpounder1 »

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 06:50:22 pm »
Sturdy choppa is sturdy

http://youtu.be/68YHtUCkpE8?hd=1

Offline ClassyJack

• Hipster Rockstar
  • Junior Admin
  • Indubitably
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 05:07:01 pm »
lol!
Hmm, yes, quite

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 08:14:34 pm »
Better mod tools are out
http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15783

we might be able to run a full 32 (or more) server should there be enough interest

Offline groundpounder1

• Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 09:12:22 pm »
hurrah. I can probably run this better as well now on my new connection when i get it, unless you have a way of running it yourself now through summink or other. Good news that its getting some love again though.

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 09:18:45 pm »
I can't download them new modtools, getting a 403 on that.

our connections should support 20 or so players, to progress from that, we need to see how small we can make the server package.

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 39
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0