Author Topic: Hit Detection  (Read 2125 times)

Offline schnakenhaken

• GameServer Admin
  • Newbie!
Hit Detection
« on: October 16, 2013, 04:33:16 pm »
Hi there.

Theres a way to do a Hit Detection Correction in the settings.ini in BFBC2 folder at your Documents folder. I did try this but im not sure if it works because i did not have any problmes with it.

Copy and paste this into you settings.ini at the bottom.
>---[trying to synchronize your aim to the server ping]<---

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.024000
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 24

The 0.024000 and the 24 is your ping shown in the server browser window. Not the ping in your game shown whilst playing!!
So if you got a ping of 26 for the [GDZ] server shown in the server browser, you have to change the enrty to 0.026000 and 26 and if you got a ping of 76 you have to change to 0.076000 and 76 and so on...

Save the file and exit.

I hope it helps ya. remember do not change anything if all runs fine ( never change a running system ).

oki... so long... schnakenhaken
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:45:42 am by schnakenhaken »

Offline Nicanor

• GameServer Admin
Re: Hit Detection
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 12:54:44 pm »
fuddling around with settings like that comes close to cheating I guess.
Or doesn't it ?

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 03:32:53 pm »
Cheating is meddling with the was code executes, not modding a text file in your documents folder imho.

Regardless, I believe these flags were removed from the game, and no longer do anything.
Feel free to prove me wrong.
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline schnakenhaken

• GameServer Admin
  • Newbie!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 04:45:58 pm »
this 2 lines are orgin from game writen down in a other settings file. they needed from the program to do the hit detection. the orgin settings are for ping 100. i get the info you can edit them to your server ping and enter it to your settings.ini file too. but as i allready wrote down not sure if this works. the most poeple how try this says no it doesnt work. ill just want to give you this info so someone can try it. i dont have any probs with the hit detection. its for those how hit someone and see the blood but dont get a hit cross.

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 255
  • *Latest: Dearman

• *Total Posts: 19465
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 42
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0