Author Topic: Failed to login soldier  (Read 9383 times)

Offline MagmaCarrier

• GraveDiggaZ
Re: Failed to login soldier
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 04:50:06 pm »
"I had to start a WHOLE NEW install with a NEW e-mail address to be able to create a character, but it worked"
Someone posted this on the EA Answers forum
Did he buy another game or something?

Boobs.

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
  • Drunken cunt :)
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 06:13:12 pm »
I reinstalled and used my nephews account (email,soldier name, CD key and password) didn't fuckin work as my original CD key is in the windows registry and I cannot be arsed to go fish it out. Only way seems to be reformatting entire machine and I aint doing that!

Might just reinstall Enemy territory for a laugh til they sort this shit out.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:17:05 pm by -=EV3RY=- »

Trying to live forever, so far so good!

Offline ivox69

• Never to old ;)
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 07:27:17 pm »
I just logged in with my other name and worked ok for me

Offline king_george

• GameServer Admin
  • Oh, hai!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 08:43:33 pm »
Your other name, BumfKiller?

Let the wookies hit the floor!

Offline MagmaCarrier

• GraveDiggaZ
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 08:48:19 pm »
we have a specialized team over phone support who handle all such requests.This team is available:9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday
+44 870 243 2435- Contact Number
Contact them and get a slot free'd up
- From EA

Boobs.

Offline ivox69

• Never to old ;)
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 11:41:40 am »
Your other name, BumfKiller?

No was using that 1 then it failed , so logged in with ivox69 and using that 1 now .

Offline ivox69

• Never to old ;)
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 12:59:35 pm »
For a guess all this shit is to get ppl to stop playing BFBC2 so they will buy BF4 :(

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 06:14:21 pm »
Looks like we may have to wait til start of November before its fixed.

Lot to read but here is transcript of EA helpdesk chat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are now ready to chat with Rahul.

RahulThanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Rahul. How may I assist you today?

RahulHello.

RahulHow can we help you?

RahulAre we connected?

youyes sorry I was making a cup of tea

youi have a question about bad company 2 - it's been 5 days now and nobody has been able to play or even get online, can we have an estimate on how long it will be before we're able to play again?

youalso, will we be able to keep our ranks and levels that we have played to? I am a rank 26 and my friend is a rank 42 - will we lose our progress and the hours we have played for? we've spend hours and hours playing it - has it all been for nothing? as you can understand, the rumour mill has started churning because you have yet to issue an official statement regarding this

Rahuljust give me a few moments while I get through your issue.

RahulBy the way,are you done with your cup of tea?

youenjoying it right now :smileyvery-happy:

RahulThat's great. As far as your issue is concerned,I would like you to tell that the problem you are facing is under process with the EA team.

youi and my friend are getting withdrawal symptoms with not being able to shoot anything? is it true that you've shut down all the servers, or shut down the game? I'm looking for something CONCRETE to take back to my friends so they can rest assured that a) they've not lost their progress, b) the game will come back on and c) this wont happen again

youthat doesn't really answer my question - how long, when, why?

RahulAnd currently we are trying our best the fix it for our customers.

youhow long will this take? can't you give us something better than that? can you at least tell me if we're going to lose our soldier ranks?

RahulYou must be knowing that Battlefield 4 is going to get launched in a few days. Once it is launched,all the related queries will be posted in the forums. I will quickly check the release dates. Give me a few moments.

youso what you're saying is, that until BF4 is released, you wont be allowing BC2 to run at all?

youThere is nothing in the EULA that states you'll be taking BC2 offline while you get your new releases sorted out, this isn't fair at all. I am a paying customer, I'm not getting what I paid for. All i'm getting for my £15 is fresh air and bubbles.

RahulPlease give me some time. I will do my best to answer all your questions. Your patient will be highly appreciated.

youok

RahulThank you.

RahulBattlefield 4 will be released on 1st november 2013 in UK. Once it is released all your queries will be posted on related forums and you won't find any difficulty thereafter. As of now,we are sorry that we don't have any immediate solution to the problems you are facing.

youSo what you're saying is - BC2 wont be online until the 1st NOVEMBER?!

RahulAnd as far as the amount which you had paid is concerned,don't worry you won't lose it.

youThat's a long time to not be issuing an official statement regarding the shutdown of BC2 - as far as my friends are concerned, they are livid that this has happened without so much as a warning that this was going to happen.

RahulThere are technical glitch that EA is currently facing. I understand your problem and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

youIt would be alot easier if you at EA would issue an official statement regarding what is going on - have you seen your Answer HQ forums, I'd recommend you take the time at EA to scroll through what people are posting because there is a ton of people out there who are angry

RahulThat is really irritating and I totally understand your angst.

youApologies are good, but they dont solve our problems - are you saying that BC2 wont be online until Battlefield 4 is released?

youI would like something definitive to take back to other BC2 players

RahulThank you for your valuable feedback. It matters a lot to us. We are also aware at the outburst it has caused and we are working on the issue day in day out.

youand how long will this 'glitch' take to fix? It's been 5 days already... and if you're aware of the outburst it has caused why are you yet to issue a response to these people?

RahulOkay. Please give me a few more minutes while I go through this issue once again.

RahulYou have a valid reason to be angry.I'll do my best to address your concern.

RahulGive me some time while I get back to you with some definite answer.

youThank you.

RahulYou are welcome.

RahulDo you play BC2 on PC or consoles?

youPC - can't stand consoles :smileytongue:

RahulOkay.

RahulI guess there must be some problem with the online ports. I will provide you the online port for PC. And as far as your soldier ranks and you money is concerned,I can assure you that you won't lose them. You are a valued customer and you matter to us a lot.

RahulHere we go,this is the online port for BC2 for PC- TCP: 80, 18390, 18395, 13505
UDP: 18395, 10000.

youOnline ports? It worked before, so why doesn't it work now?

youIs that port forwarding to do with the router configurations?

RahulYes you are right. At times, It may create problems.

RahulSo I will suggest you to go with the ports i provided you.

youOk, so if I change my router configurations with the ports you've specified for TCP and UDP - can you definitively assure me that I can get back online and continue playing with my current soldier on BC2?

youAnd if I take this back to my friends online, will they be able to log in on BC2 again?

RahulThat is one possible solution. Why don't you try it now while I am here,and then get back to me?

youYou've said that "There are technical glitch that EA is currently facing" - are you saying now that the issue has been fixed and if we go with these new ports, we'll be able to play once again?

youcan you hold while I gain access to my router?

RahulYeah sure.

RahulI will be more than happy to help you with this.

youis this for port forwarding?

RahulThis will help you login and play the game.

RahulDid you try it?

RahulI am still here Kieran. Get back to me once you are done with it.

youcan i clarify that this problem that everyone is facing is logging into their soldier on BC2 and typing these settings in the router will undoubtedly fix all the problems? - because I can't see how it will help - I can log in to my account, but choosing a soldier is says Failed to log in soldier

RahulThis is a known issue and I deeply regret to say that the EA team is still not able find a concrete solution for this.

RahulWe will notify it on our official website once a solution is reached at.

RahulI apologize for the trouble.

youWell, i've tried the new router ports and I'm still unable to log in to BC2

youthis was working on the 18th September, but on the 19th I couldn't log in and i or anybody else haven't been able to since

youwhy can't you just undo whatever it is that you've done on the 19th? that way we'll all be able to play again

RahulThat must be really annoying. I would like to tell that is a known issue and I deeply regret to say that the EA team is still not able find a concrete solution for this.

youwe all just want to know what's going on, why this has happened, and what are you doing to fix it? what is it that you did?

RahulBC2 has a huge fan following. Many of my friends are avid BC2 fans and even they are facing the same problem.

youwhy can't you just undo what it is you did on the 19th september when all these problems started?

RahulOur technical team is slogging hours and hours to fix it.

youI've read that (possibly a rumour as you've not issued an official statement) one of your disk array's failed - is this true?

youHas a mistake been made?

RahulWe would have definitely done it if it was possible but it seems that it is not that easy. That is why it is taking such a long time.

RahulIt is not a mistake. BF3 is a huge release and we have a big customer base. That is why we are unable to process so many requests at once.

RahulSorry I meant to say BF4.

youIf you were to issue a statement to the players of BC2 - it would stop rumours being made because frankly a few of us are being told different things and if you're aware of the problems it has caused and you're aware of what is being posted on your Answer HQ forums, why not just tell everyone what exactly is going on - it would take very little time and calm down the majority of us. We need to know as customers and consumers of BC2 why it's stopped working so suddenly. It wouldn't take much just to tell us all what is going on - and if a mistake has actually happened why not just be honest with everybody?

RahulMy group of friends are facing the same problem that you are facing and trust me they are equally annoyed.

youPlease ask your managers to give an official statement from EA - because I'm bored of hearing rumours

RahulI will definitely do that for you and for all the BC2 customers. I will take this concern to the higher authority and you will soon get a response in this regard.

RahulPlease keep your calm and I assure that an official statement will be released soon.

youPeople are thinking about not buying BF4 (from what I've read on forums) because people enjoy playing BC2 - but because of all these problems people are turning against EA, and are really quite angry that this has happened.

youWe just want to know what exactly is going on.

RahulI totally understand your angst and that is completely justified. What I am trying to say is that we at the customer support can not release any statement regarding this.

youWhy is that?

RahulBecause that is decided by the EA technical support team and the higher management.

RahulPlease keep your calm and don't lose your faith on EA games.

RahulBF4 is going to be an awesome gaming experience.

RahulIt will drive you crazy and I am sure it will wash away all the angst and disappointment that you are currently going through.

youOK, well there's not much more I can really say, but please ask your managers at the higher levels to issue a statement to the players of BC2 because we dont know what is going on at all, people are making things up, causing havoc across forums. Thank you for your time trying to address our problems - lets hope that BC2 comes back online very very soon.

RahulThanks a ton for your valuable feedback. it really matters a lot to us.

youit's not BF4 we want to play - it's BC2!

RahulIt was a pleasure assisting you.

youThanks.

RahulYou are welcome.

RahulFeel free to contact us again.

Offline ivox69

• Never to old ;)
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 07:07:44 pm »
Like I said in last post...

Rahul   Please keep your calm and don't lose your faith on EA games.

Rahul   BF4 is going to be an awesome gaming experience.

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 07:37:39 pm »
I will never know how awesome BF4 is as I aint gonna buy it, simples!

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 25
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0