Author Topic: You've been kicked from the game ...  (Read 7849 times)

Offline Byrd

• GameServer Admin
  • Newbie!
You've been kicked from the game ...
« on: June 13, 2013, 11:25:55 pm »
Could use some help on this one.
Modded conquest map of oasis. After the loading screen for oasis, the game should start, but i get kicked. When i look at the server screen i see:
[UTC 06/12/2013 21:24:37.899] Engine/Game/Online/Engine/Server/ServerConnection.cpp(2409): "Main": Info: Checksum test of client data failed! Client will be kicked from the session! (Id: 1)
[UTC 06/12/2013 21:24:37.899] Engine/Game/Online/Engine/Server/ServerPeer.cpp(1651): "Main": Info: Kicking player on connection 1, reasonText:

Other maps still work, king_george tried and got kicked in the same way. Too heavily modded?

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
Re: You've been kicked from the game ...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:33:28 pm »
Synced files across both client and sever? maybe like you suggest, the mods you have made need client side changes too.
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline Byrd

• GameServer Admin
  • Newbie!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 11:37:55 pm »
didnt sync yet, will try

update, didnt have a bc1_oasis_cq map, copied it there, but still the same
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:42:45 pm by Byrd »

Offline king_george

• GameServer Admin
  • Oh, hai!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 04:04:31 am »
Usually, when a game is too much modded, it will crash, this here, seems to be a problem with the server

Let the wookies hit the floor!

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 04:17:29 am »
Its not crashing, the error text clearly suggests its a file mismatch between client and server.
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 04:37:34 pm »
As an afterthought, there may be a server option to disable file hashing/comparison

Offline Byrd

• GameServer Admin
  • Newbie!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 09:05:50 pm »
pfff going mental now, made a rar from the level fbrb and put the original version of the file back, guess what, still same fragging thing ...

Offline king_george

• GameServer Admin
  • Oh, hai!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 11:06:57 pm »
Did you try running a server without any modifications?

Let the wookies hit the floor!

Offline Byrd

• GameServer Admin
  • Newbie!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 11:11:05 am »
yeah i did, i made a backup of my modded map and replaced it with the original one, that didnt help.

This morning i replaced some other files, didnt work either, so made backups of a couple of files, then deleted the whole nexus1 directory and extracted the old one again. That worked  :D
Then modded map back, i got kicked again, original map back and i didnt get kicked. So server is working again. Some sort of caching problem?

Think i am going to start with the original map and try again. I changed the borders, that went ok. Then i moved the 3 flags and the base, but not the spawnpoints related to those 4. After that i got this annoying error. So will move them one by one, to see if it is related to the moving, or that i made a type somewhere and didnt notice it...

Another question though, anyone knows whether it is possible to put remarks in the xml?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:14:23 am by Byrd »

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 03:26:06 pm »
Should be the same as xhtml
Code: [Select]
<!-- This is a comment -->

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 20
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0