Author Topic: Other maps?  (Read 4158 times)

Offline The Dutchbird

• V.I.P.
Other maps?
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:03:52 pm »
Heavy Metal is a great map. No doubt about that. But why is this the only map you can play here?
The Dutchbird: the only bird that cannot fly.

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
Re: Other maps?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:05:26 pm »
Figures speak for themselves my friend. We have been consistently one of the most highly populated servers since the opening of it. As the old adage goes, if it aint broke.....

We DID have 2 BFBC2 servers running for a period of time. The second server was a rotation of the smaller maps, and we experimented a lot with different combination etc and it was just never ever as popular as the HM one.

Right now the game is kinda "dead" really, with the age of the game and people moving on to other things or even BF3. What player base is left, according to the top servers remaining, the HM map is the most sought after and popular one there is.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:08:56 pm by groundpounder1 »

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:19:09 pm »
The biggest problem is, that until the server gets very popular, it has to be financed by our guys, and you can only ask for so much help until it becomes a burden to run.

We were lucky to get where we are now with the H/M server, Its taken about a year to get to the point where it just about pays for itself by support from players such as yourself.

Like Groundpounder says with regard to the H/M server , If it ain't broke.....   & we might lose quite a few regular players if we start running other maps on it.
And starting another server, admin'ing it, is quite a lot of time and effort, while still having to pay for it ourselves.
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline ivox69

• Never to old ;)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:19:03 pm »
I like the HM map as i think its the most like a Battlefield map there is ,if you change it i most likeley wouldnt play on it as much ,should be starting a job soon ( fingers crossed ) so will donate to the running as a VIP if you have me . ;)

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:21:06 pm »
Won't change anytime soon, probably not ever. I personally agree with you, though I do like Atacama Desert too. That and the HM map were the two i predominantly played all through my learning days.

Offline Rebz01

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 04:17:52 am »
IMO you will see alot of the BF3 players returning as BF3 is becoming a joke =/

Offline The Dutchbird

• V.I.P.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 08:31:23 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply and clear answer Groundpounder and Robba.
The Dutchbird: the only bird that cannot fly.

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
  • Drunken cunt :)
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 08:17:53 pm »
Won't change anytime soon, probably not ever. I personally agree with you, though I do like Atacama Desert too. That and the HM map were the two i predominantly played all through my learning days.

These are the ONLY 2 maps I play these days. Would be nice to play Atacama on a GDZ server but understand your reasoning as to why you don't host it. My previous clan ran the 2 alternating and was quite successful but that was B4 the pile of shite they call Clone of duty battlefail 3 came along.
Guess I will just have to play it elsewhere (Can be a bitch to find a decent server though).

Trying to live forever, so far so good!

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:09 pm »
Maybe we will try both in rotation sometime, see how it goes for a few days. if it goes badly, we can always pull it back out of rotation...

Need to find some site that players cast a vote on, that doesn't need any registration, other wise nobody will bother! :)
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline SpecForce

• Newbie!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 12:00:43 pm »
If you are going to make a map rotation then make sure it depends on heavy vehicle warfare, because people who visit Heavy Metal servers want such thing and they will leave if switched to infantry based maps !

Harvest Day and Atacama Desert are nice maps that are good to try in conjunction with Heavy Metal. Just an opinion !

Offline AkaiMPC

• GameServer Admin
    • my favourite page, and description of myself
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 02:24:06 pm »

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 19
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0