Author Topic: Havoc stats padding  (Read 9076 times)

Offline CaptnUgly

• Ding Dong
Re: Havoc stats padding
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 02:09:02 am »
Thx for all your nice replies, shure very helpful ;).  I guess it wasn´t just the fact that this is a special tactic sometimes but what I ment is that a very few people always use the same tactic every time they play on the russian side and when they play on the american side they do teamswitch to play the same Hind story again. If they just have A and try to keep it. More than fair ;D. But like today when I played with Christian and they had A and B all the time the Hind didn´t move forward to B so even he was more than pissed too about that tactic (even in Teamspeak :'(). As you can see in my K/D and stats I am more trying to play fair as an infantrist on the Battlefield, not just camping and or sniping. Even if it´s not the uncap but like 50m ahaed. And shure I know its quite hard to fly that hind, but come on there are so many fair gamers who fly with it all over the map, even if there is the risk to get shot down.   ;)

Offline ivox69

• Never to old ;)
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 07:31:39 pm »
I understand about tactics and the Hind being like a flying wardrobe, but dont you find it mind numbingly boring sat there the whole round ,
have been in with you as engi and TBH i can only last 5-10 mins, before having to bail out and do something .

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 08:42:28 pm »
This is very true, I'm not bad as gunner, and can harvest plenty of kills, but its very boring, and it usually means your team will lose, due to 4 players not really helping at all when it comes to holding/getting a base.
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline IceWolf9362

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 09:41:20 pm »
...if it has a 4 player crew.

Offline ivox69

• Never to old ;)
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 06:28:14 pm »
Another boring game with the same ppl padding in the Hind ,guys surley you cant enjoy that ;(

Offline IceWolf9362

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 04:38:41 am »
Sorry ivox,

I don't understand your problem about these last round, when US team has won! May you can help me, please.
Is it right, that US team got the aeras from C,B til close to A ( a lot of you guys entered and entered and entered A treeline, part of you US guys baseraped and your apache flew twice throug our uncap and destroying our assets)

Now tell me, when it was a boring round for you, by god it wasn't that hind, that hasn't any chance to reach B about the tanks who shot against em, the at4 who shot against hem, the vads from B and the attacking choppers. Oh for me it wasn't boring in that hind.

By the way, I couldsay  it is boring having three camping tanks between uncap and B, I could say flying against all these at4 (at4=Anti tank, not anti air) for me it is boring have all the snipers of a team at two places deep back behind the frontline is boring, but I don't, it is a kind of tactic. That is a part of the game. And why should anybody fly with a hind like a apache or a havoc, do a racing driver driving with a bus at formula one?

Now tell me please, maybe I am wrong, so let me know!

Thx Ice

Offline ivox69

• Never to old ;)
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 11:54:55 am »
I was actually on your team,and if i get in hind as pilot i fly over B to the left and get to C and cap it ,now not saying it works every time
but at least i give it a try,even trying in jeep to get past,and i know the hind is a twat to fly but if everybody just sits between Base and A tree line
it does get boring and frustrating,perhaps i should not get so competative about a game but thats how i am,surely you must prefer the game to be
more exciting and fighting over the B flag.And like you say camping tanks and wookies dont help or even squad mates not spawning on you
when you get to a flag does not help. >:(
Like you say everybody plays there own game and thats fair enough,perhaps i am getting to old to play games now , getting a
grumpy old git now  :D

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 12:15:00 pm »
If you are too old then I fear we all are. Although above in this very thread I played devils advocate and defended the tactic, I am fast changing my mind about it as it becomes more and more prevalent. In the 2 years or so I have been playing this game, nearly a year of which on the GDZ server, as a normal player, then as a member then an admin, it has only been in the last 2 months or so camping the hind has become popular. At first it wasn't a big deal, but since its obvious benefit has become apparent to even the slowest witted of players (sitting miles away with a built in zoom firing tank shell sized bullets at targets that could never have a prayer of hitting you back) its annoyance factor is burgeoning.

Now as many people know, or at least I would hope you know, considering we have a very high class of regular players who enjoy the server, we try not to dictate too much what people can or can't do, and allow anyone, whether we agree with it as a whole or not, to say whatever they like on any subject. Having said that, I myself have raised the issue of the Hind tactics now being employed. I am alone in my concerns regarding it, as most others in the clan etc find it acceptable as the downside is the Russian side more often than not lose whilst doing it (this is also debatable as once the russians have B and a team capable of holding it, the Hind can literally destroy anyone even approaching B from light years away, so people stop trying I find) Regardless of this, as of now there is nothing wrong in principle with it, but I agree with the point ivox is raising. (shocking I know).

In spite of all that, as noted above, its a democracy here, and that includes the input of non members. As of now, the Hind can do whatever it likes. Annoying yes, but as Ice pointed out, so are other tactics people employ regularly. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we want anyone to have fun, regardless of what tactic they employ to do it. But having said that, like the sniper limit that has been enforced, there will come a time when other undesirable traits surely  become just too popular to ignore, and the Hind stuff is one I would personally happy see on that list. But thats just me.

Input is always welcome on anything you may have a problem with or like about the server/its occupants, and will always be treated with consideration.

Cheers for the reasoned debate and noone resorting to idiocy, thats a testament to our players and our members to be able to express themselves properly, and for that I thank you :)

Offline ivox69

• Never to old ;)
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 12:54:53 pm »
Yes i dont want to be responsable for any flaming or falling out with members ( like i said to old for that 56  :( ),just want to have a fun and exciting game even if on loosing team,
And on the other hand it is just as boring being on the team that is opposing the said tactic ( well is for me ), i fully understand about the hind but just a few times
it would help if they would try and get past to cap or help cap C just by dropping ppl off then move back to support them from left of C at spawn point.

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 01:00:36 pm »
For what its worth I totally agree with you lol. And again thanks for bringing it up in a civilized manner. Its nice that people can disagree in our forum without it being idiotic. Say whatever you like here my friend, seeing as I'm the biggest lurking catfish here it'll probably be me responding most of the time, and in this instance I am totally in your camp of thought, however lonely it is with just the two of us ;D

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Members: 254
  • *Latest: Hewlett

• *Total Posts: 19464
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 19
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0