Author Topic: Eyefinity  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Byrd

• GameServer Admin
  • Newbie!
Eyefinity
« on: July 14, 2013, 11:18:42 am »
Hey,

Got asked for some screens and pics of my eyefinity setup, as my camera died recently, i thought that a video might give an idea.

When i build this setup, i needed to choose between a big monitor or maybe go insane and go for a triple monitor setup. After a week or so browsing around i found the U2311H monitor, 23" IPS for about 190 euro. After that, it was an easy choice  ;D

To get an idea, i use this as my background ... http://i3.minus.com/ictEujBQJRSwp.jpg  or to stay on topic, use this one http://tcpm.mrlazyinc.com/files/users/haldi/Images/Wallpaper/Triple%20Monitor/bc2-5760x1080.jpg.

At first i expected the borders to be annoying, but after some days, you hardly see them. When gaming you look at your forward screen and the other two are for peripheral vision. Somehow you still see slight movements from certain sneaky bastards and that is handy sometimes ...

Grtz
Dan

Offline -=EV=-

• GameServer Admin
  • Drunken cunt :)
Re: Eyefinity
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 12:19:51 pm »
Looks awesome Dan, I want some of those now  ;) just got to talk the wife into letting me.

Trying to live forever, so far so good!

Offline The Dutchbird

• V.I.P.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 07:46:12 pm »
Now I know why you find me when I am acting as a sneaky bastard ;)
The Dutchbird: the only bird that cannot fly.

Offline Netherr

• GameServer Admin
  • -oldest newbie ever-
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:11:04 pm »
So just wondering: do you actually have a wider span of view? or is it stretched wider and are all soldiers short and fat ;)

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 12:39:13 am »
I need more eyes!
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

Offline Byrd

• GameServer Admin
  • Newbie!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 01:25:07 pm »
It gives a wider span of view, although halfway the left and right monitor it starts to change the ehm, it stretches funny. And again, is handy sometimes. What normally is a thick forest, changes to a plain with here and there a tree. Big exaggeration, but you catch my drift. As it is far off, from the central monitor, it isnt disturbing.
In other games, it goes well, as long as it supports the resolution. So Metro 2033 gives a great screen, with no distortion. Crysis 2 also without distortion. Weird thing is, once in a while i still see a short and fat soldier, not sure, if it is my screen or ...

Actually, my mom looked in awe at the wallpapers, so your wife may still be seduced into liking the triple version. Pfff that took some rephrasing, to make it sound decent.

First more eyes, then more hands and arms, where will it end ...

Offline groundpounder1

• Professional lurker. Amateur everything else
  • Junior Admin
  • I aint give, no fuck.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 10:49:28 pm »
the fuck you doing using a desk?

Offline Robba

• BadRobot
  • Administrator
  • Nihilistic Misanthrope
    • gravediggaz.org
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 12:11:12 am »
the fuck you doing using a desk?

I built it out of some bits in the shed the other day!
Sick of this life,Not that you'd care. I'm not the only one with whom these feelings I share..
Nobody understands, quite why we're here, We're searchin' for answers that never appear..
But maybe if I looked real hard I'd I'd see you're tryin' too to understand this life that we're all going through..
(Then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car... I didn't know what to do)

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

* Navigation

* Statistics

• *Total Posts: 19461
  • *Total Topics: 9645
  • *Online Today: 13
  • *Most Online: 112
(December 08, 2012, 10:48:53 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 15
  • *Spiders: 2